Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
A lot of false information about this virus is being shared - it’s very important that you make sure that the information you use comes from a trusted source - all of the information on this page has been sourced from the NHS.
Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives
Everyone must now stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave your home for very limited purposes:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, including to donate blood, avoid or escape risk of injury or harm, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling for work purposes, but only where you cannot work from home
There is separate advice:
- if you're at high risk of getting seriously ill from coronavirus
- about self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus
Local Helpline 0300 555 1386: if you need help, or know someone that does
NHS Advice: looking after yourself and others
Travel Advice: if you are abroad, or thinking of travelling abroad
School Closure Advice: if you are a parent/carer, or a student
Government Support: if you're struggling because of coronavirus, you may be entitled to support if you are:
Offering Help: be that through your business, or by volunteering
Get in Touch
If you're having difficulties and need my assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
You can contact me:
Last Updated 13.04.2020