From Saturday 26th December (Boxing Day), most of the South East Region including Rushmoor and Hart (including Aldershot, Farnborough, Blackwater and Hawley) will move into the highest Tier 4 (Stay at Home) restrictions.
This is in response to the new strain of COVID-19 that has significantly driven up rates of infection across our area in recent days.
- residents to stay at home unless you have a reasonable excuse; including travelling to work where you cannot work from home, travel for education and for caring responsibilities, visits (including staying overnight) with those in your support bubble or attending medical appointments;
- people to work from home if they can but they may travel to work if this is not possible, for example in the construction and manufacturing sectors;
- non-essential retail, indoor gyms and leisure facilities, and personal care services to close
- not meet other people indoors unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble;
- people not to leave Tier 4 areas nor stay overnight away from home;
Rushmoor and Hart will remain in Tier 2 until 25th December (Christmas Day). You can form a Christmas Bubble with a maximum of two other households on Christmas Day (25 December), but you cannot see anyone from a Tier 4 area.
Leo Docherty MP said: "It is is crucial that we all play our part in protecting the public’s health, particularly those in our community who are elderly or vulnerable. As we accelerate the rollout of the vaccination programme, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Through our collective efforts we will beat back this virus."